Saturday 7 September 2013

Pixy Lime Body Scrubs

Would you look at me getting all fancy taking photos outside in flower beds! 
  For ages I've followed the new Irish brand Pixy Cosmetics which started up back in 2012. Since then they have gone from strength to strength expanding their products all over the country. Its always so exciting to be able to support and love new Irish brands! Many times I have gone to their site and filled a basket with lots of things I'd love to try out, but never clicking the final button purely because I wanted to see the products in person. Does anyone else have that thing of wanting to actually hold the things and in person buy it? Just me then, as normal.. I had a little look at their stock list and found that City Pharmacy on Dame street stocks the full range. Naturally I had to check it out.

Lime body scrubs were first on my list. The packaging is so simple and the cute gold bow caught my eye, its the perfect present to give a loved one. There are six ice cube sized blocks of scrubbing goodness in each packet to use in the shower or in the bath. Every cube has apricot and lime oil, vitamin e and cocoa butter packed inside. I'm not a fan of the more sour smelling products but these smelt heavenly and it really wakes you up in the morning too, bonus points!

At €4.99 I wasn't sure what to expect when I used the first little cube, thinking it might dissolve quite quickly once water was added to it but I was totally wrong. Hard and moisturizing on the outside, rubbing it over my skin was a treat. After a second or two however it melted a bit and the exfoliating scrubby bites broke through working immediately. And let me just add that I used this all over my body and there was still half the cube left. I used an entire cube though, just because. You could easily get 3 uses from each one. Value for money I hear you say?

I wouldn't recommend this for your face as it could be a little harsh, but people go to town on those rough bits of skin that drive you mad. For me its my elbows and knees, bane of my existence..  Getting a product that both exfoliates and moisturizes at the same time is a fab find. The cubes are small but you will get so many uses from them and they are oh so travel friendly too. What more could you ask for really? I know I will be repurchasing these as gifts in the future. Ok, ok, and for me too.. So why not head over to their site Pixy.ie nab some amazing products and support an Irish brand. You will also get free shipping to anywhere in Ireland once your order is over €10. I can't wait to try out some of their other products!

No comments:

Post a Comment