Thursday 26 March 2015

Max Factor: Masterpiece Glamour Extensions 3in1 Volumising Mascara



The people over at Max Factor need to take a well deserved break if you ask me. They have been on fire over the past few months bringing out amazing product after amazing product. (Perfect example being their new baked blushes over here. Oh my good lord!) Now I'm not a massive fan of mascara, I prefer lipstick and eye shadow buying then any other products, but this was a pleasant surprise when I first used their *Masterpiece Glamour Extensions 3in1 Mascara .

Claiming to volumise, extend and intensify, I find that all make up will market that they can almost achieve world peace. But what did this mascara actually do for me? Well for one, it properly gets onto the root of my lashes without causing a mess. The wand is shorter then a lot of mascaras (I measured a few from my collection against it just to make sure!) and so is the lovely thin bristle part. So many mascara on the market are thick wands that don't distribute product evenly and make it almost impossible to get right the the lash root without smudging product onto your lids. This one is makes applying product easy and without having to clean up after. I never normally manage to get mascara onto my lashes closet to the bridge of my nose, but with this I noticed immediately how easy it was. And the same goes for my lower lashes, theres no need for clean up or having to put extra concealer on to cover darkness when product goes everywhere.


Apart from easy application, I liked how the wand separated my lashes and the formula itself never clumped. - I've rarely ever found a non clumping formula. My beloved holy grail Benefit They're Real clumps all over the place! It also drys quickly but without getting crispy lashes. Drying quickly is a major plus for those of us who always accidentally touch near our eyes or wear glasses. No smudging or strokes of black eyelashes on our lenses! However I don't agree with Max Factors claim of their 'formula contains wax particles, that act as spacers between lashes to make them appear fuller'. I think this is the perfect product for a daytime look, but I've never found it to give a volumising or lengthening 'wow' factor. This is just a nice mascara that does the job, while being super easy to use, doesn't clump, go all over the place and drys quickly.

For those of you who like bigger and fuller looking lashes, I would recommend applying eyeliner to the water line and and above the lash line. You can also apply a few layers of this mascara, but after coat three I've noticed it will begin to clump. For everyday wear or even just for the lower lashes, I'd definitely recommend this and at €12.99 its not crazy money. Also Boots has the aul 3for2 offer on at the moment, so you could easily pick this up along with a few other bits if you felt the urge!


*I did not pay for this item, it was a PR gift.  Please see my disclaimer here.

4 comments:

  1. I love this mascara, wearing it every day at the moment:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its fast got a seat in my top all time favourite mascaras :) Glad your enjoying it! xx

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous, Cat x I really like Max Factor mascara but haven't bought one in absolutely ages! I will definitely try this at some stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha thanks Mrs, I think I look like a poser! Max Factor is an easy brand to pass on, but they actually have such amazing gems! xx

      Delete