Wednesday 11 March 2015

The Body Shop: New Fuji Green Tea Collection


The newest release from The Body Shop is the *Fuji green tea collection. This is presented as a green tea ceremony of reviving the body and detoxing the mind by using the antioxidant qualities of the green tea. I'm a big fan of the idea, everyone needs a little detox with the stress of daily life. There are nine new products in this range and two new gift sets. I'll leave the full price list at the end of the post. I really like the entire presentation of this range, down to the cute added infuser thats below.

Out of the lovely things I was given to try from the range, I really like the 100ml eau de cologne for €19.95 the most. As with all of the Fuji green tea products, it smells light, fresh and has a slight citrus scent to it. Its easy to wear if your a lover of more floral sweet smelling perfumes, without being an overpowering citrus smell. The only down side to this is that its of course not a perfume but more of a body spray so the scent doesn't linger too long. If they brought this out as a perfume, I would definitely buy it. This is going to be the perfect thing for the summer months as its fresh and gives a sense of cooling and calming. 

''Awaken and revive the senses with the sophisticated aroma of our citrus-fresh scent of Fuji Green Tea Eau de Cologne. It’s the perfect blend of green tea, bergamot, lemon and mandarin top notes with a floral heart of camellia, jasmine and violet. Refreshingly light and crisp, it’s a classic scent for daytime sophistication.''


The next thing is the body scrub. This is a gel like product with little light and dark green scrubby bits (always getting technical, me). I think I'm bias when I say that this didn't do much for me, as I'm a fan of the more harsh and extra scrubby exfoliants. I found it to be too much like a shower gel and not enough like a scrub. The beads were too few and far between for my liking and I found that my skin wasn't as polished or scrubbed as I would have liked. I don't think the gel like texture helped the beads to grip my skin either and even when I used exfoliating gloves I didn't find much difference. This would be perfect however for those who like a much  more gentle body scrub. 


Lastly is the bath tea for €19.95 in a really lovely tin and an optional bath infuser thats €6.50. This smells really lovely and the infuser is a great novelty to have in the bath with you - along with it being a necessity if you don't fancy scrubbing bits of black stuff from the bath for 10 minutes after. Although I feel that this is the main product that everything else is based around as it it the thing you 'detox' your body in, I didn't find it amazing for a massive €20. I think that money could be better spent on other things from this collection. However this would be a beautiful gift for someone who loves their baths as there isn't anything else like this on the market at the moment.  


Overall I don't think this is one of The Body Shops most amazing ranges when compared to their other products. However I am a big fan of the Fuji scent, so I will be repurchasing the eau de cologne once it runs out and I think I'll be trying out the body wash as I'd love to have the scent in the shower with me. Have a sniff of this range if your passing a shop and tell me what you think of it!

  • Exfoliating soap - 100g €7.50
  • Body Butter - 200ml €18.95
  • Body Scrub - 200ml €18.95
  • Body Sorbet - 200ml €13.50
  • Body Lotion - 250ml €13.50
  •  Body Wash - 250ml €8.95
  • Eau de Cologne - 100ml €19.95
  • Bath Tea - 300g €19.95
  • Bath Infuser - €6.50


 *I did not pay for this item, it was a PR gift.  Please see my disclaimer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment