Friday 6 December 2013

To My Gran, Happy Birthday

Not my normal kind of post, but today marks a very special day. Today is my grans birthday. She is the lady I have been named after, shes helped to raise and mind me. She taught me how to bake and how to tie my shoe laces. Even at 21 she is still teaching me, god help the poor woman!

Like many people, I never properly take a moment to fully appreciate the friends and family that I'm so lucky to have in my life and my gran is a big part of me. We fight and argue, but bond over The LateLate Show and the price of rashers in Lidi. We disagree about how to cook them, but we make up for it by giving each other big hot cups of coffee. We can both natter for hours about the weather and if its good drying today or if its too cold for the flowers to grow. And we both love a good gossip and warm fluffy socks.

My gran isn't 21 anymore, but she is an amazing woman who never stops and never lets anything get in the way of what she wants to do. Anyone who walks into the kitchen is met with tea and all the cooking and baking she has done that day. She is the heart and soul of my family and everyone loves her. I just wanted to share with you her glass house. My gran loves all different types of plants and special interest in cacti. She has green fingers, unlike me! So here is her little garden, all the pots, chairs and doors she even painted herself. My gran has a creative touch that always amazes me and an eye for things you'd never think of, like turning the blocks (below) into flower pots - tumblr move over, grans in town!

Make sure and click on the photos to enlarge them to get a better look at all the little details she has added to the flowers





I doubt she will ever see this (and if she does there could be murder!) but I couldn't not share with you such a special lady and granny. Happy birthday gran x

1 comment:

  1. Awww that's such a lovely post hun, brought a tear to my eye. Your gran from the pic really reminds me of my nana! I was super close to my nana as she pretty much raised me, unfortunately she passed 8 years ago (can't believe it's that long?!) and I will never forget the wisdom and kindness she taught me. I was younger than you when she passed and always wish I'd got more time with her/took more pictures etc xxx

    ReplyDelete