Friday 20 February 2015

Ziaja: New Olive Leaf Collection


Ziaja is a brand that I use all the time, I love their scrubs, body creams and face scrubs. Theres a chemist on Talbot St that I trek down to all the time to repurchase all the time, I love what great prices they are for what amazing products you get. I've banged on about many of Ziaja's things in the past and now I'm about to do the same with their new Olive Leaf collection.  

First off is the one I was most excited about, the *cleansing oil for dry and sensitive skin in a 270ml bottle. This waterless foaming face and body oil came at the best time as I'm suffering with my skin lately due to some contact dermatitis. I was worried that this would effect it further, but I was totally wrong. Its a lovely feeling to use this in the shower daily for some relief from the current soreness and irritation. It calms it down and helps to relieve the need to touch and irritate it for a few hours. It also leaves the rest of my skin a little softer and more moisturiesed then before. This wouldn't be used in place of a moisturiser, but for an extra bit of skin lovin' I'd highly recommend it. Worried that it would be like pouring cooking oil over myself, I only used a tiny blob to begin with, but its a gorgeous gentle rich oil that works as an emollient that wont strip essential oils from the skin, Olive leaf extract is a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect, purify and sooth. This is one of their more expensive products at €9.99 for 270ml, but its well worth picking up. I'm sadly nearly finished my bottle but will be getting it as soon as I can get my hands on it again.  

The second product is the *nourishing face cream with SPF 20. I'll be honest and say that I'm not a big user of face creams or moisturisers so I'm a little bias. But I was pleasantly surprised by how much I've used this because I want to, as opposed to having to trial it for review. A lot of the time moisturisers are greasy on my skin, heavy and far too rich. But with this cream, it was light and my skin drank it up in minutes. It didn't hurt or irritate my face like a lot of moisturisers and there wasn't any issue putting my make up on over it. - Although I tend to only use it on make up free days as I find with any creams or moisturisers, my make up doesn't stand put on my face as long. Providing 'hydration, broad spectrum protection and skin regeneration'  with the olive leaf extract keeping skin soft, hydrated and smoothing out fine lines, this is another big thumbs up for me. For all that, plus an SPF of 20, I'm surprised that its only €5.99 for a 50ml tube. 

There are three other things in the olive leaf collection. A regenerating mask with hyaluronic acid for 69cent (which I can't wait to hunt down and try out!). A duo-phase make up remover and a gel scrub micro exfoliating, I think that Ziaja can really do no wrong by me. I'll be looking out for some more of this range, along with repurchasing my must-have cleansing oil.  

*I did not pay for this item, it was a PR gift.  Please see my disclaimer here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment