Saturday 26 July 2014

Dream Dots


 If you come round these parts often, you'll know I have what I like to call a join the dots face. I'm in my early 20's and still suffer dreadfully with spots of all kinds. Theres always a constant battle to find the latest lotion or potion to try out on my skin, hoping that it will cure or at least reduce my ever growing spot covered face. Sometimes things work ok, sometimes I'm left wondering why I paid so much money for a product that gave me no results and at the end of the day sometimes I ignore my face and just slapping on extra make up. Is there anything out there that actually works and you can see the results? Well lads and ladies, I'm back on the hunt again today.

The brand spankin' new *Dream Dots have just hit the market and I was intrigued to try them out. How could a tiny plaster-like product magically get rid of your spots, thats just crazy talk! (y'all cray cray in here! - don't judge me, I've been watching too much Netflix.) There are 24 little dream dots in a pack that are nicely sealed up and a little information leaflet that show you how the dot works and how to apply. All you need to do before bed is cleanse, peel off a little dot and stick it onto your spot, simple. Depending on the size of the spot, it might take up to three dots to get rid of it. You can also use the dream dots during the day and cover them up with make up, though I've not tried this yet as I like to deal with my face demons at night time.


The pictures below are woeful for two reasons. The first obviously because you have a nice close up shot of my spots, mmm sexy.. And the second, because the before and after shots of the spot I tried the dot on can't be clearly seen properly (ggrrr, feck sake!) Your just going to have to take my word for it when I tell you I had a crater of a spot on my neck for about four days and it wasn't reducing at all. Ok so maybe because I plastered it in make up and picked at it a lot didn't help.. But it was setting up a permanent home there! I put on a dream dot for two nights and not only did the dot stop me from picking at it, it helped to reduce it so so much. In the morning I could visibly notice the difference and was well impressed.  


So we know the little yokes to actually work, but would I recommend them and buy them myself? In some ways yes, I would totally recommend them to someone who had a small outbreak of spots and perhaps there was an important event that they really wanted clear skin for. But at €15 for 24, I wouldn't be running out to stock up on them every week. As someone with a lot of spots, I could easily use the entire pack in one night and that is just not value for money.

There were also a few things I noted when using them over the past week. The first is that not all my dots were as sticky as others and twice they came off my skin during the night. However on the other end of the scale those that did stick on were sometimes hard to get off and also very sore. It was like ripping a plaster off, ouch! Perhaps the dots will be updated in months to come and this problem will be resolved.

To round up, for the craters that pop up, I would definitely use one of theses, but for the price of a box I would be more inclined to get a cream for my many face uglies. Oh and on a very positive note, the Dream Dots site is very easy to navigate and also their social media sites are regularly updated and they interact well with the public - something shockingly enough that isn't done with a lot of companies so its really great to note. 

Do you think you would use Dream Dots? 

*I did not pay for this item, it was a PR gift.  Please see my disclaimer here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment