Saturday 5 July 2014

My Top 3 Body Scrubs


I liked doing the top 3 sea salts sprays post so much that I thought I may as well do another top 3! This time it comes in the form of body scrubs, something that I have taken to using along side moisturisers as if its a religion. There really is no better feeling then having freshly scrubbed squeaky-clean skin straight out of the shower! And then a quick little shhlap on of the moisturiser and bam! Its gona' be one hell of a good day. I'll admit, it was really hard picking these and I could have easily listed about 8 more. Decisions can be hard when it comes to products sometimes! (First worlds problems, am I right?).

Starting with the cheapest and working my way up, I give you the most zingy out of the lot! Anatomicals 'don't just clean it woman, scrub it' body scrub - quite the mouth full! I've talked about this little beauty before but I really think it is one of the best affordable scrubs out there and I am in love with all this ranges packaging, its so funny and eye catching. Its got the kick you need in the morning not only to leave you soft but wide awake with its pink grapefruit scent too. It has a gel like consistency with little scrubby bits mixed in to give you the best of both worlds. This is easy to apply and because its a gel it slides over your skin easily and you don't need loads to achieve a well scrubbed bod. This is defiantly an all time favourite and I have repurched it since I've just finished this one. You can get your 200ml bottle from Cloud10beauty for €4. Not too shabby.



I genuinely had such trouble picking which Soap&Glory scrub I wanted to talk about in this post. I really am a massive fan of this range and one of my all time favourites is the Scrub em' and leave em' that I did a post on way back in the day over here. But in recent times I've been making my way through Breakfast Scrub which is a lovely shea butter sugar scrub that you could almost eat. I love the gorgeous sweet smell and how you can really work it well into the skin without half of it falling or not sticking onto your skin so you can rub it in. Its scrubby and good at getting you softy soft, but it always has the added benefit that its not harsh on your skin as the beads aren't course and the shea butter makes you that extra bit silky too. Another little thing that I love about this scrub is the tub it comes in. Yes, all S&G products are beautifully packaged and my heart flutters every time I see the famous pink shades passing my vision, but this is perfect for holding in the palm of your hand. I know it sounds silly now, but just you try holding a big awkwardly shaped jar of scrub when your all wet and things are easily slipping through your hands! This yoke is a keeper, but a little dear at €13.25. However theres one of those dangerous 3for2 offers on in Boots at the moment so... Get your hat and knickers!


And last but by no means the least, the *Sugarbutter body scrub spa body essentials. I got this as part of a set from the lovely Oceana Spa Beauty. I will be doing a full review on the entire set but I couldn't not talk about this scrub right now, its just too nice. This scrub is indeed sugar, but its also creamy and once you rub some over your skin and it mixes with water it goes a little further then the other scrubs. I honestly feel that it should be marketed as a moisturiser as well as a scrub, its so soft and lovely on the skin. It does mention on the back that its a body butter and scrub all in one though, which is good! This smells both sweet and slightly tangy from the grapefruit and orange essential oils. At €14 I think that although its a bit pricey, its well worth it and will last a very long time. I might even get it again once its finished up (just to be sure its eh, working right that is.. cough!) I really love this one.

*I did not pay for this item, it was a PR gift.  Please see my disclaimer here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment