Tuesday 17 February 2015

Max Factor S/S Creme Puff Blush


Max Factor has been coming out with some proper gems over the past few months and these new Spring/Summer collection of *creme puff blushes aren't any different. Some have compared them to the much loved Hour Glass palettes, but without the price tag. There are six different shades, with a suggestion for which would suit each skin tone, at €11.49 each.

I have been trying out three of the shades over the past few weeks, two are in the fair-medium skin tone range and the third is the darkest shade. The lightweight baked formulas are really something special, I've not tired anything like them before (and we all know you must swatch every product in Boots, as is law). They contain 'finely milled, multi-tonal pigments that blend evenly..' - I couldn't have said it better myself. I just love something that actually does what it claims to do on the tin!


Getting up close and personal with them, you'll see that one quick swipe on a brush comes away with the most pigmented result, so you only need the tiniest amount to give the desired look. They can build really well too. I find that some blushes look caked on or too light even with (what I always think is!) just a little product. I always apply these over foundation, some concealer and even a little setting powder without any issue. 

The packaging is small and sturdy, that holds up to be thrown on the floor repeatedly - sorry Max Factor, the cat likes to paw them off my dresser.. And so far, no matter how much they get used the lovely baked swirls of different colours doesn't get wiped away. They are just so pretty to look at and take photos of! (I know, I'll see myself and my many make up photos out.)

Although I like all three, surprisingly enough my favourtie out of the three is the darkest, most intimidating shade of Gorgeous Berries. Just the slightest touch of a brush to the product and then to my skin gives such a lovely colour without making me look like a traffic light. I think the Seductive Pink gives me the appearance of having wiped off my makeup a little as its more my natural skin colour. But I think the shade in Nude Mauve would be the perfect colour for anyone who isn't too sure about blush or doesn't want something thats really in your face and noticeable. 

I honestly don't think I'd pick these up for almost €12 if I hadn't tried them first and seen how good they actually are. I now have my eye on Alluring Rose, the only medium/dark shade in the collection and I might just pick it up this week. Max Factor is on 3 for 2 at the moment in Boots, so it would be rude to pass up an offer like that!


*I did not pay for this item, it was a PR gift.  Please see my disclaimer here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment