Wednesday 4 March 2015

Sleek: Dancing Til Dusk Eye And Cheek Palette


I think its pretty clear how much I love to use Sleek makeup, (as you can see here!) So when they announced their new eye and cheek palettes I was very excited. (The highlighter palette also has my name on it.) How pretty does this *Dancing Til Dusk one look? I'm such a sucker for pretty packaging and this ticks all the right boxes. Four eye shadows from the au-naturel palette and two blushes. There was also two different types of travel size brushes in the set, but I never use them so they grew legs and are hiding on me now. I'll admit that I took a billion photos of this before I touched it, but when I came to write this post I hated them all so had to do it again. I know, I broke the first rule of blogging! 'Thou shalt not swatch until photos are taken!' Soz.


I like that this is the sort of palette you can use in the morning and then darken it up for the evening. I'm a big fan of shimmers and two of the eye shadows and a blush are shimmery, while the other three are matte. Theres really a little something for everyone. I'm not really sure what you would do with a orange blush, but I like to use it as an extra eye shadow, to give the browns a pop of colour. All Sleek products that I've ever tired have been super pigmented, easy to blend and long lasting. Theres nothing different with this palette, when I use any of the shades, they stay put all day. 

Its got really great sturdy packaging, with a magnetic closing (ugh the satisfaction of magnetic closing makeup) lid and a big handy mirror. Its a little different to the normal Sleek style packaging and I like it much better then the older ones. The amount of times this has been fecked into my bag or accidentally dropped on the floor without any of the product smashing is worth picking it up alone.

There is another Sleek palette in this collection that is presented the same called See You At Midnight. This is a darker selection of purples and its very pleasing to the purple part of my heart. (purple hair, purple tattoo, purple makeup.. Purple life). The price of this varies depending on where you pick it up, but you can get it for €11.99 on the Sleek website - the cheapest I've seen it so far.

 *I did not pay for this item, it was a PR gift.  Please see my disclaimer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment