Tuesday 4 March 2014

February Favourites



Sweet divine Jasus is it really the end of February? Ah now, where did that month go? thats just woeful, I'm actually sitting here trying to think what I did this month thats worth noting. Feck all. Have to do more next month, get my arse into action. Anyway, here is what I have been loving this month and its even kinda on time, ohhh my!!

I know I talked about it in my Skin Care Saviors  but I really have to tell you about it again. Bepantiseptic (formally known as Germoline) is a first aid antiseptic cream that has local anesthetic in it. Its great to have in a first aid kit and its even better to have on your spots at night. The last two months my skin has decided to apply for position of best join the dots face in the country and I'll tell you, if it wasn't for this wonderful tube of cream, it would have got the job. This cream drys out spots and in a few hours you can see a noticeable difference. I normally put this on last thing before bed and then let it work its magic. All for under a fiver and it lasts ages. I just want them all. 

Next is Wet'n'Wilds foundation. I had wanted it since it came out but put off buying it because it was nearly €5, I already had a good foundation and sure, it was a cheap brand, I bet it doesn't even work or match my colouring... I caved in and got it earlier in the month and I've been kicking myself since for not having got it sooner. Its in the lightest shade they have which is just slightly too dark for me, but with a bit of blending and some setting powder its the perfect colour for my skin. It takes a minute or so to dry and set but it lasts all day, the coverage is amazing and I will admit, its better then my Rimmel match perfection foundation that I have been using for the past 6ish months thats twice the price of Wet'n'Wilds foundation. It might be true love, I'll tell you if we decide to get serious in the next few months.


Next is a perfume that I had forgotten about at the back of the draw, I'm getting worst at doing that! Its Kylie Minogues Darling. I'm so not good at describing scents at all, but its like a deep sweet scent that drys in quickly so your left with a gorgeous light soft sweet scent that lingers for a good for hours. The little bottle that I have is so pretty and girly, it has a pink shimmer over the bottle thats so eye catching. I'll be getting this again once I've finished the little bottle.

Another life saver this month has to be my Soap and Glory Smooch Operator Lip Butter Balm. It has wild mango butter, vitamin E, rose hip and argan oils to help sore chapped lips. The only thing I don't like about this is the balm can be quite had to heat up to get some out of the little jar so I tend to have to dig at it a bit. Not the handiest or nicest thing in the world!


How could I not throw in something from Lush? As the weeks go by I'm getting weaker and really want to go to their shop 'just for a look'. The blurry photo (sorry) above is the olive branch shower gel. I got this ages ago, used it for a while and the switiched it for something else. But early February I found it again and it has been coming to the shower again and were back in love, Fair trade olive oil, mandarins, vine leaves.. Who could say no to that? Its sweet but not overpowering and has subtle notes of something more earthy underneath - would you look at me getting all fancy with smell descriptions! Jasus!

La Roche-Posay is a brand I don't use a lot, but when I do their products are always amazing. Last month I got this thermal spring water in my Powder Pocket beauty box and I've been using it loads. You can see my review of it here. Its going to be great for the summer when you want a quick freshen up and to cool yourself down. I'll be stocking up for the hotter (fingers crossed that it gets hotter!) months.

Lastly I have my Benefit they're real! mascara. I got this mini one in a set at Christmas and I haven't used another mascara since. I'm now ruined for other mascaras that might come along to tempt me. I love the packaging, the wand is amazing and I love how it coats and separates the lashes. And best of all theres no clumping so it doesn't look like you have just plastered half a tube of mascara on your face. Honestly, I'm not wearing any! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment