Wednesday 18 June 2014

Meet My Girl, Pixy


If you come round here often enough, you'll know that I'm a big fan of Lush. But sadly over the past while I have fallen slightly out of love with them. Partly due to their unhelpful staff in recent times and partly due to me finding more and more products that just don't fill my little heart with joy. I have a feeling Lush hasn't gone far, we'll still see each other. But for now fear not, a product junkie like myself is always on the lookout for some new hot lovin' and today its come in the form of a girl. Shes cute, got style, a great personality and goes by the name of Pixy. (Thats right, I'm introducing brands like I'm dating them now. After all, we do spend a lot of time together during the day. In bed. In the shower... It was bound to happen at some point.) This lovely girl is Irish and born in Cork. Who can say no to an Irish babe like her?

We have some history though, I blogged about her lime body scrubs way back. Man those things smell good and work wonders! Below is a little round up of some of the things I've been really loving recently, mixed with a few things that I'm not liking so much. After all, its not a lasting relationship if you only see the good qualities and not the bad too. Pixy and me? Were totally going steady. 


One of my many overused lip balms. This one is in honey and my favourite by far, its just so yummy and smells divine! Its soft and moisturing. Despite it being a small tin, this has lasted me over a year and I'm only half way through it. I use it most nights before bed. There are loads of different flavours and I eh, might just have them all. There €4.99 each.

A new find for me is the *solid foot scrub. I'm not a fan of feet at all so I rarely give mine any love, but this little foot has my mind changed. One side is soft and moisturising while the other is a hard and scrubby bit. (- My descriptions never cease to totally baffle me. 'scrubby bit'.) Its not going to take away dead skin but its a lovely treat and always leaves my feet feeling extra fancy. It has cocoa butter, almond oil, lavender and tea tree oils to help soften, keep fresh and to sooth the foots. This is lasting me such a long time and I'd say if it was used with one of those peg egg yokes it would work even better. This is €8.95 and I'd say I'll be getting this again when its finished. 


I'm a lover of all things face related and my mug was happy to find the almond milk face scrub. It sounded soft and nourishing while being gently exfoliating at the same time. My skin is very sensitive however and can be temperamental with what it likes slathered over it. Unfortunately this stung the hell out of my skin and I had to stop using it. Its been passed along to the mammy and she is more then happy with it. I was upset that this didn't agree with me as it smelt so so lovely! Give me anything with almond in it and I'm a happy girl. This one was €9.95 and has a lot of product so I would say it would last a good few months as face scrubs aren't recommend to be used more then 2 or 3 times a week.


Something that I'm still ifie about after using for nearly two months now is the *cellulite body oil. I think the glass bottle it comes in is so lovely for displaying and really unusual. However the one thing I didn't like about this is that it smells like black liquorice, something that makes me feel really unwell. Once you get over that, its easy to apply and spreads evenly. A little goes a long way and I mainly used it over my thighs. I can honestly say after a full month of using this daily I couldn't see any difference in my skin. On the bright side my skin was super soft, if a little awful smelling. Over the next month I eased off using it as no results and the smell was off putting. I'm surprised this did nothing for me as there are loads of rave reviews of this product out there. This isn't breaking the bank at €9.95 so maybe try it out for yourself and tell me if it works for you!

Lastly the prettiest bottle you ever did see, a mixture of sweet smelling almond oil that is the*sensual bath oil. I wasn't expecting anything much from this as I poured it into the bath for the first time as I'm a bubbles and foam kind of girl. But the almond scent sucked me in and the bath water was lovely and soft on my skin. I was worried when I got out that my skin would feel weighed down with oil as can often happen with these sorts of oily products, but I was wrong. I'm baffled at how this oil doesn't make me feel weighted down, but it doesn't. All I feel is softy soft and find myself approaching people to have a feel of my skin. As one does when their soft. The one downside is that it has tiny glitter in it, and if your like me you wont have noticed until you've fully submerged yourself in the water, got out, got dressed and gone out to something important that is not a glitter occasion. Someone needs to invent emergency showers in prime locations. Like anywhere where I might be for example. Just a thought. This lovely little bottle of softness is €9.95.

Have you tried Pixy before? Whats your favourite product?

*I did not pay for this item, it was a PR gift.  Please see my disclaimer here. 

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for different things to try on my foots! I might have to give the foot scrub a go! :)
    I love the sounds of that bath oil also. There are a few pharmacies around me that stock Pixy stuff so I will have to give them a smell! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do I really like using my one :) They have a foot cream too if you fancied a shniff of it! x

      Delete