Thursday 9 October 2014

Benefit Dupe? The Honey Queen


W7 can be a little hit and miss at times, but if you've ever used one of their eyeliners or one of their eye shadow palettes then you'll know there are some total gems. I've blogged and Instagramed like a loon about some of their things in the past and today is no different. When I was in the Cosmetic Outlet the other week picking up a new w7 palette I happened to see this as I was having a goo. The honey queen honeycomb blusher. Is it just me or does it give off the vibe of a softer Benefit Sugar Bomb blusher? Similar shades, the same type of packaging and a small brush that is just like the Benefit one. I think its safe to say its a dupe, but for more then half the price. 

A mixture of shimming rose, peach and slightly dark plumy shades. This is a really gorgeous blush that is a total bargain for €5. Its a little hard to carry around as its a bulky, but very sturdy box. However, if your setting your make up well, then this is the perfect thing to use. Its also got  handy little brush that fits perfectly into the box, just in case you need it on the go. This gives the most lovely hint of a peachy blush on the skin with a little shimmer. Perfect for the upcoming season of all the glitter and shimmers you can possibly fit onto yourself in one go! 


I'll be honest and say this isn't the best photos of how it looks on my skin as the light was so bright it kind of made everything look extra white and washed out. But fear not I will put up a swatch of it on my fingers later to Instagram which you can follow to see that update later, over here. But for someone like myself who is a little terrified of having blusher or contour thats too OTT, this is really perfect when your looking for a little colour but nothing overly in your face. 


As a blush novice, I'd love to know what you think about this! 

4 comments:

  1. I think I'll have to give it a go! Do they have a dupe for Hervana I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that they have other blushers and bronzers, so maybe they do! x

      Delete
  2. Some of the W7 blushes are great. I had one that I loved - can't remember the name of it, but it had a baby pink box and there were two shades in it. I haven't looked at their stuff in a long time, they have a new palette out 'In The Night' - that looks amazing judging by pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've not seen that one before, I must keep an eye out! I actually went in for the in the night palette, ha! Its not as amazing as their other ones I think. x

      Delete