Thursday 16 October 2014

Ciara Daly: My Hero Brush


I went to the Pro Beauty show a little while ago for a goo at what everyone had to offer and to see if there were any good deals going! For the most part, there were loads of gimmicky stands, the odd 'psychic' and plain awful makeup (we all know who I'm on about, their causing quite the negative storm in the blogger world at the moment!) But when I passed by the Ciara Daly makeup stand, I had to take a second look. 

I'd like to point out now that my idea of make up brushes is the odd 'free with product' or cheap one in Boots that I pick up. Over the past year or so I've gotten really into my brushes, picking up Sigma, Blank Cosmetics and Real Techniques to name a few. And although these are pricey brand, I've never on the spot forked out over €20 for a brush that I've never read reviews of. But after talking to one of the really lovely girls for ages about the brushes, our mammies and Belfast, I decided to throw caution to the wind. Why the hell not? So for €25 I got myself a 'my hero brush'. And to be perfectly honest, I'm kicking myself I didn't pick up a few more for Christmas presents and well, for myself too!


Ciara Daly is a make up artist based in Belfast who has an endless amount of courses to choose from and getting make up done for occasions. Not only that, but there is a full range of gorgeous brushes that can be bought, the newest (and best) edition to the family being the My Hero Brush. When I was told about this kabuki foundation brush, I wasn't fully sold on how amazing it was meant to make my foundation apply. But I was so wrong to ever doubt for one second how amazing this is. 

I found with my various foundation brushes I was forever getting streaks of the bristles, it wasn't applying evenly and I was left with patchy bits all over. Not only that but if I tried to apply a few layers, I was left with a miss matched skin tone from some being wiped off. I am almost certain it must be just me as I have used loads of different brushes. I turned to Penneys sponges that helped to apply my make up much better but got dirty so quickly and I always think sponges are far less hygienic then brushes, I'm not sure why! - I'm forever washing everything I use.

My Hero Brush is odd, I'm not sure how it manages it, but I get total even coverage with no brush marks. Theres not been any fall out yet after 3 washes and about 2 weeks use and if I try to apply several layers its like magic. As I hate faffing about taking ages to apply my foundation, this has been a life saver. I slap on a bit of foundation, brush it over my skin in circular movements and bam! I'm done in under a minute, depending on how many layers I'm weighing my face down with on the day. The lazy persons dream brush. I'm honestly a little baffled at how good this brush is as I really thought it wouldn't be able to do everything I wanted a brush to do. But oh mammy, it really does.



And if thats not enough for you, then just look at the cute eye catching packaging, it screams girly and fun. The brush itself is classy and if I do say so myself - a little fancy! (depriving myself of higher end brushes always make me feel like singing Fancy when I use them)  Its neat enough to throw in my makeup bag and it fluffs right back out when I take it out and spread out the bristles. Its also pretty enough to want to display and drag everyone in to have a look. Honest to god, you'd think I had no life, but just look! Theres a great leaflet in the box that tells you how to use and care for the brush too, which I found handy as a starting point.

At £25 (€30) -includes p&p from the Ciara Daly site over here you can have one of these gorgeous brushes. I wouldn't normally recommend such a mad price for a brush, but I don't think you could go back to anything else after giving this one a try. If your up in Belfast or thereabouts, you will be able to buy one straight from your local pharmacy, you lucky ducks! I'll be keeping an eye out for a stand next time I'm up visiting my sister.


Do you think you would try one of these?

5 comments:

  1. I need one of these. I am having a hard time finding the right brush for me. I think this might be the one. Will def check on this.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted to hear, hope its the perfect one for you! :) x

      Delete
  2. Holy Moly the price but you sold me on it! I love the fun packaging and then the classy brush looks fab. I don't spend a lot on brushes but this does sound like a hero I need ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I wasn't feeling spendy that day I would have thought I was totally mad (I still did think it handing over the money if I'm honest!) but man, I'm soo glad I did!! I'd pick up another in a heart beat if they were in shops down here :) x

      Delete
  3. I initially thought this brush was a 'Hero', however after a month or two of regular use and regular washing (of course) the bristles are falling out AND I feel like it absorbs too much foundation, I was mine once a week and it takes forever to wash because of the amount of product it has absorbed.

    ReplyDelete