Tuesday 7 October 2014

Max Factor Skin Luminizer Foundation


Max Factor has another new product out, this time its for the face, *the skin luminzer foundation. This is meant to give the effect of barely there foundation, 'giving a healthy looking glow that still evens out imperfections.' There is a swirl added to this foundation as you can see in the bottle, which has skin luminizers and pearl pigments to give that instant glow. This is also meant to offer the skin hydration, vitains B3 and E and have elastomers that make light reflect off the skin so your left with a glow.

This foundation comes in only a small range of 6 colours, which I think is a little annoying. Its fine if your like me and just pick up the lightest shade in whatevers going, but for someone with darker skin it must be a real pain in the arse. I have the lightest shade, 40 light ivory. This is almost a perfect match to my colouring so I was excited to try it. It has a lovely consistency, not too thick and not overly watery. Its just right - and now I feel like the three bears are about to walk in.. Personally this just didn't do it for me coverage-wise. My skin is far too patchy red and full of spots to have a light coverage foundation like this, I need the heavy duty stuff. Even after a good base of correctors and concealers, I was still left needing way more face help. I envy those who don't have many blemishes as this would be the perfect light make up to perk up your skin, making you look more awake without having to cake on the makeup like I do. (With a shovel, might I just add. Theres not a brush out there that can help me apply it all!)


I'm a fan of the packaging, its lovely eye catching gold is a big thing for me, I'm such a magpie! Its also in a plastic bottle and pump which makes it utterly perfect for travelling or just carrying in your bag and easy to use. I'm gaining muscles from carting around a glass foundation at the minute, I know I wont need it, but just in case! The only downside about this foundation for me (apart from my awful skin needing more coverage help) is the price. For a bottle of this your going to be paying €17.99 and I just couldn't fork that out for any foundation ever. However Max Factor does have a 3 for 2 offer in Boots at the moment so it might make the price a little easier to manage. Though personally I think cheaper brands are just as good and I have a load of cheaper make up brands that have great coverage, be they foundations or even BB creams for half the price of this. 

So the foundation overall is a thumbs down from me. I need a much heavier coverage. But thats not saying that this mightn't be perfect for those who are lucky enough to have clear skin. In terms of Max Factor, I'm going to be sticking to their nail varnish and maybe a sneaky look at their eye shadow. (*drools* have you seen their smokey eye pens and lipsticks?! Mmmm) Would you look at my barely awake looking self below. Swear to god, if I don't have eyeliner on my eyes are non existent!


Would you buy this foundation or do you have the same coverage issue as me?

*I did not pay for this item, it was a PR gift.  Please see my disclaimer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment