Saturday 4 October 2014

Mondss Underarm Wear


Every month it seems theres some new and wonderful product being launched thats never been seen before. In theory these all sound great, like tiny colourless plasters for spots and reusable nappies. You will always find something totally out there that people will actually buy if theres enough hype behind it and a semi famous face stuck alongside it. This time I'm going to be talking about *Mondss, the alternative for deodorants.

Mondss is an Irish company thats just popped up in the last few months. They are selling plaster-like things that you stick into your armpits and go on your merry way. These claim to absorb all sweat and moisture so you don't have sweat patches on your clothes. Pushing the whole feeling comfortable and wear what you want thing. Its a good idea but man, these things look like sanitary pads. Several friends (both male and female) and family have commented on how unattractive and horrible they look when I showed them.


I'm all for no sweat patches and smelling nice, but I couldn't stand having these on. After an hour I had to take them off, they were irritating my skin, generally uncomfortable to wear and I felt self conscious just wearing them at home. No, these aren't for me. The packaging is really appealing and the Founder of Mondss, Jane, is really lovely. As are whoever man the pr/twitter side, but I have to admit I hate the product. 

You get 10 of these pads in a box for €9.99 which is quite steep. €1 for each pad means that you could buy up to 5 bottles of deodorant for the same price, depending on sales and offers on in the shop. I'm sure for some these will be a life saver, or for those who are alergic to many kinds of sprays, but I'm not sure if I can see them taking off very well. It all looks and sounds a bit too gimmicky to me.


*I did not pay for this item, it was a PR gift.  Please see my disclaimer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment