Wednesday 22 October 2014

Essence Hello Autumn Collection


Who heard that Essence was releasing a new Autumn collection and when a little bit mad looking for them? It can't have been just me, I'm sure of it. I went into the Penneys on O'Connell St and headed straight for the back of the shop where I knew they kept the good stuff - the makeup. This is one of the most affordable make up collections to come out this Autumn if I'm correct and its just gorgeous. I only picked up a few bits but I can tell you I'll be back in looking for a few more bits this weekend.


Walk in the park is the name of this 6 piece palette. My god almighty would you take a look at those warm shimmers? I had to have it, honestly. It talked to me. This was €4.79 so I couldn't say no. Theres also another one in this collection thats slightly colder, darker shades with an almost black colour being the darkest, called keep calm and go for a walk. I think all the names are a little bit mad. All the colours in these are light so there really easy to build up and I'm surprised about how little fall out there is considering there on the cheap side. And the very best bit is the packaging is neat and compact so you can pop it in your makeup bag with plenty of space left. It also comes with a double ended brush if your stuck.

Keeping on eyes two eyeliners in a brown and dark green are available for €1.89 each and also two eyebrow kits that are €3.09 each. I'm not in the market for an eyebrow kit as my current one works wonders, but I was sad that there were no eyeliners left on the stand. Lots to look out for in the coming weeks!


Another must have from this collection is the multi-colour powder thats only €4.09. So maybe its a must have because it looks so gorgeous, but its true. This is a perfect highlighter and despite the darker shades in this, I'm not as scared to use it now as I had been to begin with. All the prettiness here.

Theres also 2 blushes in this collection, they are colour adapting which put me off a little. They sounded too gimmicky to fork over a few bob for when I went in for just a few things and was in a rush. But maybe next time I'll pick up one for the craic and see if there any good. There only €3.09 each anyway so its not breaking the bank. 


The last thing I picked up was the lip cream in beauti-fall red for €2.49. You can also get a pink one, but I can't pass a red by without wanting it. This is easy to apply and doesn't have that awful plasticy smell some cheaper lip products can have. It drys almost matte and has an average staying power, but does stain the lips a little. Handy to throw in the handbag as an emergency red lip (doesn't everyone have one of those!?) that you wont cry over if it gets lost.

There are several different nail varnishes in this collection too that also sounded a little gimmicky as they say they change colour with the temperature. I hadn't time to properly look at them, but I might pick one up as its only €2.49 a pop. Lastly there are also themed autumnal coloured bobbins that are seem free for €3.79. What an amazing collection if I do say so myself! Some real gems there that I'm sure will be missed once the season is over.

What would you pick up from this collection?

8 comments:

  1. wow everything looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I couldn't not pick up some things while lust over everything! x

      Delete
  2. Great review I posted about the collection too today!! I love the eyeliner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine went up yesterday, I just posted it very late cos' I'm bad at that sort of 'being on time' stuff! :D Loved yours, as always :) x

      Delete
  3. think I'm going to go for the palette "keep calm and go for a walk" weird name but co,ours sound perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all have mad names, I didn't include them all but they have them up on their site. All gorgeous shades :) x

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love the look of that powder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its perfect to use everyday and keeps the shine away! :) x

      Delete