Tuesday 17 September 2013

Box of Samples #1: Ojon Shampoo, Conditioner and Rare Blend Oil Total Hair Therapy


Sometimes I get samples of products that I throw into my little colourdy box and then I forget about them. But when I was having a clean out of my wardrobe a few weeks ago I came across the box of treasures and decided I would try them all out, then give you guys some mini reviews of them! I guess it will be done in a once in a while way, so no one gets sick of the same type of posts!

My hair has been in quite poor condition recently, I wash it everyday, rarely condition it and I've also started to blow dry it with the colder weather coming in. All in all my hair is dry, has split ends and is full of static crazyness. So when I saw I had 'dry recovery' shampoo and conditioner I popped it in the shower immediately. I've nearly got to the end of these too 30ml tubes that I've been using for just over a week now and I'm not really taken with them if I'm totally honest. Ojon is a high end pricey brand that claim all sorts of wonderful things and hair solutions, but I'm not so sure all their claims hold true. It says on the shampoo bottle that ''instead of stripping away natural oils this gentle coconut-derived cleanser actually preserves them. Pure Ojon oil, nature’s golden elixir helps repair hair in the shower while our Blue Agave Nectar, Macadamia Oil, Jojoba Oil and Babassu Oil complex helps restore moisture and smooth roughed-up cuticles to keep hydration sealed in. Straw-like strands become soft and smooth as silk.'' Hmm, not for me sadly. The full 250ml bottles retail for about €23 each. But for me they are far too expensive and considering I saw no results, a waste of money. 

However its a totally different story when it comes to the Ojon rare blend hair oil. This stuff smells great, a little goes a very long way and best of all you can see results straight after applying it. As you can see from the picture it looks like theres harly a dent been made in the oil, but I have used it about every second day for 2 weeks now, amazing! It claims that it ''protects,  nourishes, softens and boosts shine''. Guys it does exactly what it says on the tin. I'm so taken with this stuff and my hair defienlty feels softer and isn't as dry when I've been using the hair dryer on it once I add a little oil to my hair. But unfortunately I know that when this sample is all gone I wont be repurchasing it as its a very purse pinching €34 for a 45ml bottle. You can buy it in boots here.

 For a full product range you can go here.



No comments:

Post a Comment