Saturday 23 November 2013

Lush Shoot For The Stars Bath Ballistic


'Is she actually attempting to do three Lush bath related items in one month?' I hear you think. Yes. Yes I am.

 For me one of the things that make me feel like Christmas is getting near is seeing tins of sweets and biscuits in shops, the coca cola ad on telly and talk of the Late Late Toy show (which by the way I can not wait for!) But in the beauty world its seeing Lush bring out their shiny Christmas gift boxes. Theres something for everyone. If you don't fancy parting with your pennies on a gift set then you can cure your craving by picking out one of their many bath goodies to get you in the festive mood. I have already got my paws on Lord of Misrule and their Star Light, Star bright, and now it is time for me to tell you about Shoot for the Stars bath ballistic. 

What grabbed my attention to this bath bomb was when one of the girls in Lush offered to show me how it worked in water. When she plonked it into the bowl it started fizzing this lovely blue with a burst of pinks and yellows. One please! Its meant to smell the same as the Honey I Washed The Kids soap (- a kind of sweet smell thats just like honey and you just want to spread it on toast) but when it dissolves into the bath its barely noticeable, which is such a pity as I'm a massive fan of the soap and have a chunk of it in the shower with me most days. 


The bath bomb itself isn't the most pleasing thing to look at as its a bit plain but I thought the same with Lord of Misrule and have since gone back and bought about 4 more, so I had my fingers crossed for this guy. Nope, he didn't live up to my expectations at all. The amount of bubbles made in the bath were ok, but I've had better outcomes with other Lush bath bombs. The smell was ok too but nothing that made me go wow and the water colour was by far my most favourite thing. The deep blue was just lovely and there was a little surprise sparkle and tiny stars inside the bath bomb that floated around the bath. I stayed in it long after all the bubbles had popped and ran away (as you can see below). Theres nothing in the ingredients list thats worth mentioning either as nothing stands out for me, and we all know how much I love to tell you about stuff like that!

Overall a nice bath (who doesn't like a bath!?) but not something I would pick up again for the price of €4.25 - I think but I could be wrong, make sure and check in the shop. Never fear though, I will continue my search for the next best Lush bath and report back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment